Sunday, February 15, 2015

#ROW80: A good week


I had a pretty good week. The summary:



  • Read 3 books: I got Busker by D. B. Rouse as a freebie, and read the whole thing. It was the enjoyable memoir of an itinerant musician and some of the things he ran up against on the road. That counts as my second book; I’m now reading Lincoln: The Biography of a Writer by Fred Kaplan; I just started it today. I knew he had little formal education, but he might have made himself one of the most intelligent presidents because (a) he read a lot, and (b) he wrote a lot. All I learned about him in school were the apocryphal stories about him. Somehow they glossed over the autodidacticism, and the determination he had to make himself as intelligent as he could. Had that been stressed, I might have taken my studies a little more seriously.

  • Write the entries for the A to Z Challenge: I’ve started with some of the shorter ones, and have about a half dozen done. Six out of 26 ain’t bad.


In other news:



  • After a relatively mild winter so far, we’re getting colder and there’s talk about snow, sleet, and freezing rain. I don’t like the sound of that.

  • Today would have been Dad’s 83rd birthday. Happy birthday, Dad!

  • I’ve decided to grow a beard. More like I’ve decided that the assault on my face with a sharp instrument isn’t worth it. Mary’s cool with it, as long as I don’t end up looking like H├Ągar the Horrible like I did the last time.


That’s it from me. Straight ahead.








from WordPress https://thesoundofonehandtyping.wordpress.com/2015/02/15/row80-a-good-week/

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment