Friday, February 27, 2015

RIP Leonard Nimoy

spock

Farewell, Mr. Spock

Leonard Nimoy and my mother have the same birthday. Sad I didn’t find that out until today.


I’m by no means a Trekkie, but I do know that Leonard Nimoy was a great actor. His Mr. Spock was an icon; even if you didn’t watch Star Trek, you knew who the guy with the pointy ears was. He was also Paris for a couple of seasons of Mission: Impossible, a bad guy on an episode of Columbo, another bad guy on an episode of The Man From UNCLE, and a character in a host of other TV shows and movies.


A minute ago, Mary came up and told me that Mr. Nimoy had died. He passed earlier today at his home in Bel Air, California, of COPD caused by years of smoking. He was 83.


I know many people (including a few of you) got their start as writers by writing Star Trek fan fiction, inspired by the weekly exploits of Kirk, Spock, Bones, Sulu, Uhura and the rest of the crew of the USS Enterprise. I can only imagine how you feel. My condolences to his family and loved ones, and to Star Trek fans everywhere.








from WordPress https://thesoundofonehandtyping.wordpress.com/2015/02/27/rip-leonard-nimoy/

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment