Friday, February 6, 2015

Help Wanted. No Experience Necessary.


Thanks for you patience yesterday as I worked out the issues with cross-posting to my simulcast blog on Blogger. I think I’ve also found a way to center images over there, and I couldn’t be happier.


Now then… I need your help.


I’m sure you know I’m a co-host for the Blogging from A to Z Challenge this April. I’m one of the people who’s responsible for visiting the blogs of the participants and…



  1. Commenting and letting them know that someone is reading their blog.

  2. Helping them with any questions, problems, or suggestions.

  3. Making sure they’re not just putting their name on the list to get people to come to their page so they can receive messages not unlike the stuff that accumulates in your junk mail folder. We have a few businesses that join and put up some informative and entertaining articles that showcase their expertise while keeping the spirit of the Challenge, such as a career coach whose theme is “Changing Jobs from A to Z” or a pest control company with a theme of “The ABC’s of Household Pests.” Those are great, and we like things like that. But if one of the participants is pushing “male enhancement products” and clicking their link takes a person to a page pushing the product… uh, no.

  4. Making sure the person is actually participating and hasn’t given up on the Challenge. This would be the person who signed up and quit the Challenge halfway through, or the one who forgets all about it.


We projected somewhere around 3,000 people signing up, and assigned ranges of fifty to each co-host. If we get our 3,000, each of us will have to check in with 200 blogs, practically every day. That’s a lot of checking, and I can’t do that every day.


That’s where you come in.


I need volunteers to help me go through the blogs I’m assigned. With, say, four volunteers, each of us could check on 40 blogs a day.


Think of the advantages!



  • You make new friends.

  • You learn a lot of interesting things.

  • You will have my eternal gratitude.


So, whaddaya say? Sound like fun? Let me know in the comments if you’d like to join, or if you have any questions.


Thanks!








from WordPress http://ift.tt/1zX4z2R

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment