Sunday, February 22, 2015

BATTLE OF THE BANDS: “Yummy, Yummy, Yummy” result

BATTLE OF THE BANDS! (BOTB Top Photo)

Last week’s battle was over the song “Yummy, Yummy, Yummy,” the 1968 bubblegum hit by the Ohio Express. Our combatants were torch singer and Dixie McCall, RN on Emergency!, Julie London, and Spanish disco queens Mayte Mateos and Maria Mendiola, collectively known as Baccara.


Here’s the final score:


Julie London – 7

Baccara – 3


Guess it wasn’t all that close after all.


As with Presidential elections, people weren’t voting so much for one artist as they were voting against the other. The general feeling was that this was two crappy performances of a crappy song, and it was hard to get that excited about either one. And I can see that, although I do kind of like the song, and I definitely like Julie London, and Baccara had a couple of hits in Europe, most notably “Yes Sir, I Can Boogie“. But I purposely don’t vote in these.


I did get an interesting comment from Cathy, who asked, on both blogs, if I had any intention of moving this blog to Blogger. The answer is no. The primary blog will stay here; I set up the Blogger blog as a rebroadcast of this one. Both platforms have their annoying features, but the advantage I have with WordPress is I can self-host the blog with it. To the best of my knowledge, there is not a self-hosted Blogger blogging platform available. While I don’t know if or when I’ll move to a self-hosted blog, I do like having my options open, and moving a WordPress.com blog to a WordPress.org (self-hosted) one is much less of a pain in the backside. Thanks for asking, though…








from WordPress https://thesoundofonehandtyping.wordpress.com/2015/02/22/battle-of-the-bands-yummy-yummy-yummy-result/

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment